Sunday, April 10, 2011

Why Should you Care What I Think?

Well, you shouldn't, but I hope you take my opinions into consideration.

The purpose of this blog is to hi-light the good content streaming on Netflix, but it doesn't necessarily mean that we will agree on what is good content.

Everyone is different, we all have different preferences and opinions. That is why I am trying to be objective while critically evaluating each show I watch on Netflix. I am a very blunt individual so you may catch me rant and rave from time to time, but that is not what this blog is all about.

Why am I qualified? Well, I am not a professional movie critic but I do have experience in the field. I worked for 3 years at a video store, and as a perk I was able to rent 8 movies a week for free. After watching all of those movies I gained the ability to identify the "trainwrecks" of Hollywood film production. I also have a Bachelor's degree in Psychology and took film study classes while attending college.

I am not one of those snooty critics whose opinions seem so "above" the general public's heads that their movie ratings do not reflect what people really think.

Every year when I watch the Academy Awards, half the selections picked for "Best Picture" make me wonder what the critics were thinking.

This blog is designed to quickly evaluate a show in order for you to save time and get the most out of your Netflix subscription.

I am very open to other's opinions so if you disagree about something I wrote tell me! Prove me wrong! I love arguing. 

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...recommend a few great "watch instantly" movies!!! I'd like to hear about those!
    (Like your blog!!!)

    ReplyDelete