Friday, April 15, 2011

Movie FAIL

I went on Netflix tonight in order to see the newest movies and shows on Instant play. As I was going through the "New Movies to Watch Instantly" list, I noticed there were a few interesting movies, but most of the shows seemed beyond strange. I often wonder who would invest money in such ludicrous films, maybe the producer's are counting our curiosity for strangeness.

 The stowaway "Jack" captured all of our hearts in the first movie "Titanic". Well, 100 years later apparently a modern luxury liner follows the same path as the Titanic, and a tsunami causes an iceberg to block the ship's path. Will the guests of the of this ship suffer the same fate of those before them? Is Jack really back? I will never never know because I cannot bring myself to watch this movie. Trust me, my heart will go on.

I remember in high school I did not have a lot to sing about. I guess I was wrong because in 2006 the Disney movie "High School Musical" showed the world how fun high school is with its catchy songs and snazzy dance moves (Oh I can't believe I actually said the word "snazzy"). Due to the Movie's atrocious popularity, I guess producers and writers thought it would be a great idea to create "spin offs" from the movie. "Sunday School Musical" is the hippity hop in the apostolic world. I searched it on IMDB, and there is is no storyline. Hmm  a movie with no story line, maybe I should write a song about it! 

I live in Minnesota so I often suffer from "Cabin Fever" of course it's a common fear that a flesh eating virus is going to attack me during those long winter months. Well, in the original movie "Cabin Fever" a flesh eating virus attacks a group of college students (of course it's always the college students) and they must fight for their lives. Well, in Cabin Fever 2 (now proudly streaming on Netflix Instant Play) there is a crazy virus that attacks those at prom. Apparently this virus is spread through a bottle of water  See IMDB. This plot makes me thirsty, but afraid to drink water. Kids please don't drink the water. 

I am going to admit it. I read  the book "Twighlight". I was ultimately disappointed and became instantly disenchanted with this new vampire craze. I noticed that, like a succubus, writers and producers were going to thrive off of the "undead's" newly gained popularity (again, crazes go in cycles). I never thought that they would bring a lightning struck, woman nemesis into the picture. Well they did, and of course it's a battle between the female vampire and the Frankenstein girl. Dear Vampire girl, can you suck the juice out of a battery powered woman? I bet you can't, that's why this movie fails!

You can watch all of these movie FAILS and more on Netflix instant play! 






1 comment:

  1. Your reviews reflect a general "dislike" for these streaming flicks, but your clever writing doesn't disuade me from wanting to watch them! Was that your intent? Cause I'm laughing my wat to my netflix site to check them out!

    ReplyDelete