Friday, April 22, 2011

C- (I'm Being Nice)

For some reason I wanted to watch the movie "Easy A" for awhile (I actually almost saw it in the theater, but I used my better judgement). The movie had decent ratings, plus it looked funny and quirky. I was really excited when I saw it on Netflix Instant Play, and was looking forward to watching it on this rainy afternoon.

Unfortunately, "Easy A"  turned out to be a great disappointment. It wasn't absolutely terrible, it just failed to meet the low expectations I had for this film. The story idea itself was semi clever, but I found the movie to be full of cliches and over acting.

"Easy A" is about a "typical" high school girl (Olive) that tells her friend she lost her virginity when she really didn't. The news spreads like wildfire, and Olive decides to take advantage of the situation. She begins to "pretend" to sleep with people for gift cards in order to increase their popularity. Of course she faces the consequences of everyone thinking she is something that she is not, and falls for a guy that doesn't judge her based on her reputation.

There was nothing really original or unique about this film. It was mildly entertaining, but I definitely wouldn't watch it again.

On a positive note, I did think that Emma Stone (Olive) performed flawlessly and did a great job at playing her role and staying into character. The other acting in this film I wasn't too impressed with.

So I give this film a C-, sorry but it's not easy to get an A.

No comments:

Post a Comment