Sunday, April 10, 2011

Netflix Doesn't-At Least Not Yet

I instantly fell in love with my Droid phone the minute I unwrapped its shiny package. It was everything I hoped for except... it didn't play Netflix.

I have an Ipod Touch, and it plays Netflix just fine, so why can't Droid?

The other day I decided to Twitter @Netflixhelps to see if they had any "insider" information on when Netflix would stream via Android.

Netflixhelps answered me within 48 hours (it was over the weekend) and sent me a link to the Netflix blog post on Android which you can view right here.

Their reason for not already streaming content on Android according to their blog post, is security "hurdles" (I am simplifying their explanation). But, some suspect that Netflix and Apple may have some "deal" or at least Netflix has financial motivations to not be so quick to develop a Droid application.

All I know is that the blog post from Netflix (which is dated November, 2010) states that Netflix hopes to have an Application for Droid "early next year". Well, it's already April and still no developments?

So as of right now when it comes to Android "Netflix Doesn't"

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I like your title...when it comes to android, "netflix doesn't". That's good. I also like that you offer more information to those of us who did not know android doesn't play netflix. Could make a difference to someone who is planning to get a new phone. You never know!

    ReplyDelete